Wednesday, August 22, 2012

ORANGE COUNTY WEDDING WEEKEND



Have I mentioned that M and I have been traveling like crazy lately? Seriously, we have been all over the map...

Our friends Joanna and Mark got married earlier this month in Dana Point, California and we were so fortunate to attend their wedding. Joanna is a great friend from my childhood. We used to spend hours sitting in her kitchen eating doritos and drinking kool-aid and talking about our future - our future jobs, our future husbands, our future homes, our future weddings... typical middle school girls, right?! Needless to say, it was extra special to see Joanna get married.

My parents were invited to the wedding as well and made the trip from Chicago! We stayed with our good family friends and got to spend the weekend with them and their daughter's awesome dog (they were babysitting!). It was such a great trip, but way too short. Here are some photos.

Meet Harrison!

My parents used to live in Balboa Beach, so we spent one afternoon visiting their of their favorite spots from the '70's! We stopped by one of their favorite restaurants...


And by the beach they used to live on...

Their beach
And by their old post office...


Which was across the street from a candy/ice cream shop where we tried chocolate covered bananas, a Balboa Beach must!

 
We stopped by J+M's wedding picnic and I introduced my dad to cornhole!


We also enjoyed a special dinner with a view...


And a wonderful hike with our family friends and Harrison, of course.


We indulged in In and Out "animal style" fries for the first time (so good!).


And we made a trip to Marshall's where we bought 8 pairs of shoes and a duffel bag for $300!  Okay, I must confess. M only bought 1 of the 8 pairs... Sorry, no pictures of our loot.

The wedding sight was at an incredible park with views overlooking the ocean.



And I have never seen Joanna look more beautiful.


I got a shot of my favorite baby bumps.


It was so great to be reunited with some of my favorite people.
 
 

We danced the night away...


1 comment:

  1. It was so amazing to see you Ash!! Love you and miss you! skype soon :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete