Saturday, February 25, 2012

A LITTLE TASTE OF PARIS IN HK

After signing our lease, M and I went in search for a nearby restaurant for dinner. I immediately stopped when I spotted La Marmite, a cute french bistro on Staunton Street. The decor reminded me of one of my favorite eateries in New York - Cafe Cluny.

To start, they present you with a plate of freshly baked bread, butter sprinkled with sea salt and their famous secret spread.


We started with the salmon and dill tartar. The presentation was creative and the crisp piece of toast topped with tartar and some greens was scrumptious.


For our mains, M had the chicken and crawfish pie and I had an almond crusted white fish. Delicious!



The food was absolutely wonderful and is priced pretty reasonably compared to other french restaurants in the area. If you are in Hong Kong and looking for a respite from Asian food, I definitely recommend checking out La Marmite. We will be back soon!

1 comment: