Thursday, March 1, 2012

MOVING INTO OUR NEW HOME

This has been one CRAZY week. I started the week in Wuhan, China and spent Tuesday in Shanghai. I was back in Hong Kong Tuesday night and we moved our goods from storage into our new place on Wednesday ("we" meaning M.. I went to work:)). And on Friday, we leave for Singapore for a fun weekend with friends in a new city!

We are currently straddling our time between our temporary housing and our new digs. Hopefully, we will be permanently moved into our new place by Tuesday. Here are some "work in progress" pictures of the new place I took tonight.

Our living room
The living room/dining area. The large cabinet didn't fit in the elevator and the movers had to carry it up 24 floors!

Our trusty horse made it from NY
And my gnome from Switzerland!
Our kitchen
The guest bedroom. Getting set up just in time for M's parents to arrive next weekend:)
Our room
The view of Central and the Harbour from our living room
Thanks to M for all of his amazing work this week getting us settled into our new apartment. I can't tell you how nice it is to be reacquainted with all of our familiar belongings from New York. Hong Kong is really beginning to feel like home.

I will post more pictures of the finished apartment soon!

2 comments: