Wednesday, March 14, 2012

FAMILIAR THINGS

When we moved abroad, we specifically packed items that would remind us of our family, friends and home in New York so that our new home in Hong Kong would not feel so foreign to us. After a long day in an unfamiliar city, it is so comforting to come home to a place filled with things that are so familiar to us.

Here are some of the items we brought.

Paintings by M's Grandmother and Aunt Jenny that need to be hung
Our trusty horse who has protected our front door in all our past NYC apartments

My Lady Liberty key chain from my lovely friend Sarah
The plates and glasses we bought on our honeymoon in Mexico
Our favorite board games
Picture magnets of our family and friends
Our favorite tea kettle
A vase I bought with my mom in New York and a picture of my beautiful sister and brother in law

A luggage tag with a picture of my family in Colorado circa 1988
Our pug pillow
And my friendly gnome from Switzerland, because no apartment would feel complete without a neon green gnome:)

1 comment: