Sunday, October 28, 2012

CHINA TRAVELS

I have spent most of the weekend in bed with a bad head cold/flu, which is really depressing since I was really looking forward to spending the weekend with our friends in Hong Kong. I think the travel and late nights at work caught up with me and my body put me on a serious time out.

There is so much I want to update you on, but I will have to start with my business trip to China in September, where I spent 9 days in 2 cities - Qingdao and Shanghai.

Over the past year, I have visited 9 different cities in China and I think Qingdao may be my favorite city outside of Shanghai and Beijing. It's home to the famous Tsingtao beer and is a major seaport. It was also the host city for the 2008 Olympic Sailing competition. The air feels cleaner there and the skyline on the water is beautiful. After visiting the Qingdao, I can understand why it's a popular tourist destination and a place where many hope to retire to.

View of the city from my hotel room


I didn't expect to see this outside my hotel window.. People protesting against Japan and the disputed islands

I had a couple of hours one day to take a walk along the harbor. It was a gorgeous day.




An Olympic torch







And I couldn't leave without tasting a Tsingtao beer in Qingdao...


My next stop was Shanghai.

View from my hotel

Dinner near the Oriental Pearl Tower

Dumpling making in progress at Din Tai Fung


We stopped by the Alfred Dunhill home. The interior design is remarkable and worth the trip if you are in Shanghai. While there, you can also shop their latest collections or lunch in their beautiful private dining room.



Amazing goldfish tank




Their watchmaker hard at work




And we couldn't leave Shanghai without one more view of the amazing Pudong.


No comments:

Post a Comment