Wednesday, October 31, 2012

FALL IS IN THE AIR

Today finally felt like Fall in Hong Kong. Mind you, the high was 75F and I wore flip flops during my commute to work. But, after the long, often unbearable summer, I can sense that Fall is on its way.

When we lived in New York, I would always celebrate the season change by making a big bowl of Chili which seemed like the perfect dinner option for tonight. I am also leaving M on Saturday to travel home to visit my family and to attend a wedding, so I think he will appreciate the leftovers.
So where did I find said Chili recipe? I follow a blog called Daily Garnish. Not only is the blogger a Denison grad (like me), she is a trained chef and shares amazing vegetarian recipes. I followed her 20-minute 4-bean vegetarian chili recipe tonight with some slight substitutions because not all the ingredients you would find in a US grocery store are available in HK. It took no time to prepare and the finished product was hearty and delicious.

The ingredients

Sauteing the onions and bell peppers

Washing the beans

Mixing it all together

I also roasted some butternut squash and leftover onions in the oven for 35 minutes at 400F (add olive oil, salt and pepper). The squash and onion mixture made for a great combination.



And for the finished product...


Happy Fall and Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment