Friday, May 11, 2012

BEIJING EATS - MADE IN CHINA

I just spent the past 6 days in 3 different cities in China - Shanghai, Hangzhou and Beijing. Needless to say, I am totally exhausted.

While in Beijing, I did get a chance to check out Made In China, a highly recommended restaurant in the Grand Hyatt Hotel. Beyond the "open" kitchen concept and great decor, the food was delicious.

If you happen to go to this restaurant, I suggest the spinach leaves with sesame sauce as an appetizer.  I will definitely be craving this dish until next time. And the Peking duck and "Si Chuan" chicken were tasty.

Peking duck in Peking!

But, the winner (just because it was so different) was the Beijing style dumpling shown below. So good!

The famous Beijing dumpling! I don't recall the Chinese name:)

Dumplings below the crispy surface

Made In China is definitely the best Chinese restaurant I have been to in mainland China. If you are traveling to Beijing, book a reservation in advance. The restaurant is notoriously full when you try to make same day reservations.

Made In China
Grand Hyatt Hotel Beijing - Lobby Level
1 East Chang An Avenue, Beijing
+86 10 8518 1234 ext: 6024
e-mail for reservations: fb.reservation.beigh@hyatt.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment