Monday, May 14, 2012

HANGZHOU, CHINA

Last week, I visited Hangzhou for the first time, which is a 45 minute train ride from Shanghai. I had heard so many wonderful things about this getaway town, which is famous for its lake.

While I was there for a work visit, I was lucky to have the chance to walk along the lake and see the water show.









One of the things visitors do in Hangzhou is rent bikes and ride along the lake. There are also many shopping malls, which feature high-end, luxury brands.



For lunch we ate at Grandma's Kitchen, which offers delicious local food at reasonable prices.

Unfortunately, we were there on a very overcast day. Although with the beautiful gardens and lake, I can easily understand why so many people escape to Hangzhou every year. Below is a good CNN article on visiting Hangzhou.


Makes we want to plan a weekend getaway trip with M in the near future:)

No comments:

Post a Comment