Sunday, June 24, 2012

MOM'S VISIT TO HK: DAY 1

Have I mentioned how excited I am to have my mom in town? Unfortunately, during her first full day in the city, I had to work. So, M acted as her tour guide.

After watching the Heat win the MBA finals in the morning, my mom and M met me at my office for lunch. We ate at a local Japanese restaurant in Quarry Bay. The restaurant was one of M's grandfather's favorite places to eat when he was in the area, so we were excited to take my mom.

My mom's visit to my office
After lunch, M took my mom to visit his family's fish stall, something he is VERY proud of. The fish stall, located at a wet market in Chai Wan, has been in the family for years. It is his hope that one day he will own and operate the fish stall. I mean, how many people can say they own a fish stall?!



The fish stall

While they were in the area, they visited M's grandfather's old apartment, where he and M's grandmother raised 9 children. He lived in the same apartment until last year, which was located on the 6th floor of a 6th floor walk-up. Talk about a lot of exercise each day!







On the way home, M and my mom took the Mid-Levels escalator back up to our apartment.


After a busy day of sightseeing, the jet lag was starting to get to my mom. We stayed in and I cooked Secret Ingredient steaks. Mom was in bed by 8:30pm. We were happy she was in bed early, as we had a big weekend planned. More on that tomorrow...

2 comments: