Tuesday, July 31, 2012

36 HOUR CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES


I attended a baby shower this past weekend and wanted to bring some baked goods. The problem was that I didn't have time the morning of the shower to spend hours baking. I had recalled reading about a cookie recipe where you create the dough a day or two ahead of baking (reviews here and here). It was just what I needed! I whipped up the dough late Thursday night and quickly baked the cookies early Saturday morning. The end result was perfection!

I used the NY Time's Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, adapted from Jacques Torres famous for his chocolate shops in NYC. What makes this recipe so unique?
  • Instead of using all-purpose flour, the recipe calls for a mixture of cake and bread flour.
  • Once the dough is completed, you store it in the fridge for 36 hours, the key to perfect flavor and texture.
  • Finally, once the dough has rested and scooped out onto a baking sheet, you sprinkle each cookie with some sea salt (love the salty and sweet combination!) before baking.

Here are some pictures of my baking process...


I had forgotten to sift the flour in the first batch, so I asked M to taste the cookies to see if he could tell the difference. I also tested 2 different baking times. The results? They all tasted great, but I did prefer the texture of the cookies with the sifted flour.



 And voila! The cookies were ready for the baby shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment